Yacht Club Jobs
Job Responsibilities: To provide guests with efficient and attentive service which will present a positive image of “Shoreline Catering, LLC” while exceeding the guest’s expectations. All functions are to be carried out in an environment of teamwork, as follows:
- Attentively listen to pre-shift meeting conducted by Banquet Captain.
- Complete side work as listed in the “Event Details” on the Bulletin Board.
- Set tables properly with china, silverware, napkins and glasses according to the “Event Details”. (refer to place setting sample for proper placement)
- Set food tables according to the “Event Details”.
- Ensure all equipment is accounted for an in good condition.
- Know the menu for each function and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Serve in a timely manner. Promote and maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Clear dirties as needed (plates, silverware, glasses, bar cups, etc.
- Assist in breaking down and cleaning up after event and returning all event items to proper location.
- Notify manager of any unusual occurrences during an event or any missing or damaged items.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as required. Maintain close communication and work cooperatively with Banquet Manager, Banquet Captain, and Banquet Staff to ensure consistent, high-quality service.
- Two years prior catering or banquet wait staff experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be friendly and outgoing with excellent hospitality skills and able to maintain a positive and professional manner through duration of each shift.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to hear and follow verbal instructions and work effectively in a busy environment.
- Ability to work well around a large number of people.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible per diem (as needed) schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Schedule will be confirmed via phone, text, email on the Monday before the Event.
- If requesting time off, the proper form must be filled out and returned 2 weeks prior to the date(s) requesting off.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.