Customer Supplied Open Bar
How can you save money on alcohol for your wedding?
The Yacht Club at Marina Shores has a few ideas but the number one way to save money is a Customer Supplied Bar. A Customer Supplied Bar allows you to control the quality and quantity of what is served. The customer purchases all beer, wine, alcohol, mixers, soft drinks from a retailer of their choosing and supplies the ABC One-Day Banquet License. The Yacht Club DOES NOT CHARGE A CORKAGE FEE and any unopened bottles may be returned to some stores with a receipt. Our caterer will supply bar set-up, bartenders, clear acrylic disposables, straws, stirrers, napkins, lemon, limes, olives, cherries and oranges and can advise you on just how much alcohol you’ll need.
A Customer Supplied Bar can save an average of $2 to $6 per serving!
In the state of Virginia, a license to serve alcohol is required for each event. The Yacht Club At Marina Shores recommends that you obtain your own one-day banquet license from the Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control Department. By doing this you will save money and have many more purchasing options. All of our wedding packages include bartenders with the experience needed to simply pour a glass of wine or make the world’s best Martini.
Other ways to save money:
- Buy the wine in bulk. You will most likely be able to negotiate a discount.
- Buy the 1.5 liter bottles of wine instead of the 750ml.
- Offer beer, wine, and a signature cocktail instead of a full bar. Then you can buy the liquor at a bulk price.
- Offer vodka with three different juice options: cranberry, orange, and grapefruit. That way, you can offer three different drink options for the price of one.
- Make sure guests have plenty of non-alcoholic beverages. If they know other options are available they’ll be more likely to mix in sodas and waters.
- Host your event in the morning or early afternoon – The earlier in the day, the less likely your guests are to over-indulge.