Popular shows such as “Downton Abbey” and the film adaptation of “The Great Gatsby,” have spawned an ongoing trend of Vintage Wedding themes. The look is timeless and romantic. It is also a theme that is easy to incorporate with more modern accessories and settings. The Yacht Club at Marina Shores offers three different room options for wedding receptions. The upstairs Yacht Club room offers a more traditional decor, which lends itself well to ‘vintage’, ‘shabby chic’ and even ‘rustic’ themes.
Ideas to implement your Vintage Inspired Wedding Theme:
- Talk to your florist about incorporating antique looking buttons, a brooch and a mix of flowers with them in your bouquet
- Opt for a handmade tiara/headpiece for your hair. Etsy has many unique headpieces that would be perfect for a classic theme
- Find decade appropriate jewelery to compliment your theme. Again, Etsy is a good place to begin your search.
- Incorporate lace in your wedding dress. The more lace, the better. Cap-sleeves, long-sleeves or even halter necklines are more traditional vintage than a strapless, however, you can still have a strapless dress with vintage flair (lace, ribbon, vintage headpiece).
- Hire a traditional vintage car to take you to your venue or even a Horse & Carriage
- Common vintage elements include birdcages, floral patterns, rose gold, pale blues, pinks, whites, oranges, old photos of relatives, lace, black and white photos, buttons, brooches, pearls, antique-finish.
Check out some of our previous weddings with vintage elements.