Unless you’re already a model or you’ve been practicing with your ‘selfies’, you may be caught off guard with how to pose for your wedding photos. What is a flattering angle? What do I do with my hands? Argghhhhh!!!! These are going to be the most cherished photos you take and you’ll want to be prepared. We’ve scoured the web and talked with our trusted photographers to come up with some quick pointers on the basics.
- Create separation between your limbs and your body.
- Have a basic understanding of light and shadows.
- Keep your gaze in line with your nose.
- Elongate your neck while keeping your chin down.
- Place one foot behind the other with your weight on the back foot.
- Create a ‘fake waist’.
- Un-square your shoulders.
- Keep your hands loose and fluid.
- Never have your knees directly facing the camera.